Sign in or
Rally in Celebration or Protest at 5:00pm on the Day of the Decision
WHAT IS IT?When the CA Supreme Court announces their decision on Proposition 8, we must act! We are calling you to join us for a rally in celebration or protest on the day of the decision. Protests will occur nationwide and our voices will be heard! We hope that we will come together in celebration, but must know that even in celebration we have many more battles to win and need to unite on the day of decision in one loud voice.
Tuesday, May 26th Day of Decision Location & Information
| ORGANIZER CONTACT INFO ||TIME & LOCATION||EVENT DETAILS|
| ON THE NIGHT PRIOR TO THE RULING: |
- 7:00pm to 8:30pm: Interfaith Prayer service at Grace Cathedral (1100 California St). All peaceful loving people are invited to come together for this service, no matter what their position on the court case may be. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
THE DAY OF THE RULING:
- 8:30am to 9:15am: Service/Blessing at St. Francis Lutheran Church (152 Church St, across from Safeway).
- 9:15am to 10am: March from Saint Francis to Civic Center Plaza.
- 10:00am to 10:30: California Supreme Court steps (400 McAllister St) Everyone is invited to stand with us on the steps to receive the ruling. If you are a couple that married, or wanted to marry and will speak to media, please email your name, contact information, phone number and story to email@example.com. Please bring your families and allies with you.
- 10:30am: Circle of Care at Civic Center Plaza. If the marriage ban is upheld, a group of Bay Area clergy and congregants will engage in nonviolent civil disobedience immediately after receiving the ruling go to www.onestruggleonefight.org http://www.onestruggleonefight.org/ for details.
THE EVENING OF THE RULING - COMMUNITY GATHERING
Emceed by Stuart Gaffney, John Lewis, Lawrence Ellis, Molly McKay and Davina Kotulski
- 5:00pm to 6:00: Pre-March Rally at SF City Hall (speakers include Terry Stewart, Kate Kendall and others)
- 6:00pm to 7:00: March to MLK Memorial at Yerba Buena Gardens (4th
and Mission, next to Metreon). Follow http://twitter.com/stop8dotorg
for live updates from the march.
- 7:00pm to 8:30: Post-March Gathering at Yerba Buena Gardens, (speakers including Rev. Amos Brown , music, and next steps)
| Pre-March Rally: |
Time: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Place: San Francisco City Hall
Time: 6:00 PM to 6:45 PM
Place: End at MLK memorial in Yerba Buena Gardens
Community Gathering and speakers from 6:45 PM to 8:30 PM
| Event Details can be found at the following pages. They will be continuously updated, so please check back often for the latest information and news. Thanks!|
National Facebook Group Page
San Francisco Facebook Event Page
Latest page update: made by SydStevens
, May 24 2009, 3:56 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by SydStevens
3 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: action assemble California Castro celebration community Day of Decision equal rights gay information lesbian lgbt location march Market Street marriage equality mass organize picket prop 8 Proposition 8 protest rally same-sex marriage San Francisco streets Supreme Court
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.